Friday, June 12, 2009

Campagna



Today was all about 'bar food'. We had Fried Mozzarella Sandwiches and pizzas. It can't get better than that! I made the sandwiches. I did half with only Mozzarella and the other half had Mozzarella and Anchovies. They were very good. The were to soggy on the outside though, I would have preferred a crispy outside like a true grilled cheese. This was a really quick dish, so I also cooked some mushrooms in butter and parsley to go with the main dish which was pork chops.

We had about 3 or 4 different pizzas followed by paste e fagioli and a seafood salad. The main dish was Pork Chops, mushrooms and rolled, stuffed eggplant. There were a couple of desserts, but I didn't try them. I was too full!

In other news, I got an 83 on my Italian quiz. I wish I had done better, but too late now. Still no news on our wine exam grade. I expect to get that next week. There is just next Monday and Tuesday left before summer break. I cannot wait for this, I really need 3 days off a week for 3 months to relax and rejuvenate. Although, I really should be job hunting this summer so I can start working in the field before second semester starts.

Today's Recipes:Mozzarella in Carozza, Pizza Margherita, Pizza Bianca, Pizza All'Aglio, Calzone, Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca, Insalata di Frutti di Mare, Costata di Maiale Alla Pizzaiola, Involtini di Melanzane, Funghi Trifolati, Zuppa Inglese

No comments:

Post a Comment