It's the night before my very first class. I haven't really had time to get nervous or anxious. There seems to be too much that I need to remember to do and my head isn't making room for any nervous thoughts. I suppose that is good, but on the downside, if my head is that cluttered, I tend to get snappy...sorry, Derek! I put on my uniform today. I look kind of funny. Once I get my chef's coat, I will have a picture uploaded so you can see how funny I look. Goes along with the job I suppose.
So, to prepare tonight I went through my equipment and my messanger bags and organized those. I also read from one of the textbooks (actually a cookbook). Tomorrow we are being taught about herbs and vegetables and the book went along with that. The books aren't what we are going to be tested on, they are just for our reference. That's a very good thing because I only skimmed through the 60 page vegetable section before I got bored. I do love food, really. But, who needs to read about vegetables? Once we get into the 'beefier' stuff, I will read it fully. The most important thing to be successful is to listen in class and actually see these techniques being done.
In other exciting news, I was looking at the chefs teaching my first few months of classes and for the Baking Basics class it's Lisa Raffael. She's been on at least 3 Food Network Cake Challenges. I've seen her wedding cakes and am really excited for the opportunity to have her teach me, even though it will only be for a little while.
Only a few more hours until my new life path begins!
I can't wait to read more. Good Luck tomorrow and have fun! love you
ReplyDelete