We had a fairly long lecture today about pie crusts and the uses and variations of the master recipe. Again, we did some savory recipes and a lot of sweet recipes. The recipe I did was the Raspberry Fruit Tart with a Walnut Crust. My crust was ok, the butter in it got too warm and the nuts were too finely crushed so it made it more crumbly then it was suppose to be, but we all still ate it none the less!
Tonight I had the first of four ServSafe seminars. At the 4th class, I take an exam and if I get a 75% or better, I am certified. Essentially, this means that I can prepare and serve food legally. All I can say is BOOOOORING. I knew it would be, but it was a long 3 hours. It felt longer than the baking class. Tonight we discussed food born illnesses. How fun discussing vomiting and bloody diarrhea right after I had a ton of food! Next week should be just as boring, but at least she promised it would go quicker!
Today's Recipes: Tomato, Goat Cheese and Pesto Quiche, Sanbusak (ground lamb, pine nut and raisin turnovers....soooo yummy!), Strawberry Lime Tart, Pear Tart with Almond Cream, Blueberry Turnovers, Strawberry-Kiwi Tart with a Pistachio Crust, Raspberry Tart with a Walnut Crust, Strawberry-Kiwi Tart with an Almond Tart, Carrot Upside-Down Tart, Roasted Red Pepper and Poblano Quiche, Three-Nut Pie, Italian Rice Tart
You should be used to talking about vomiting and diarrhea at the table, remember our family.
ReplyDeleteI think I would like the Sanbusak and I'm willing to try it anytime. I bet it's a savory dish.
ReplyDeleteWhere are the accents on pâte brisée?