Sunday, November 15, 2009

American Day 1 - New England

Today before we started our first American class, we had to take our Provincial French unit exam. I studied my but off for this exam. I made her grade it in class because I needed to know how I did. I got a 95.5 (should have been a 96, but whatever). I really needed this grade since I bombed the Italian unit exam. Next week will be the Intensive French unit exam, so I will be head-deep in a notebook all week.

In American we mostly talked about the colonial period (it helped that I had just gone to Plimoth Plantation the Saturday before, I love it there!). It was a pretty simple day. My dish was Red Flannel Hash. It's essentially the same as corned-beef hash with the addition of beets to make it red. It's really good! There were lots of veggies in it too, like brussel sprouts and and parsnips. To go with it, we thinly sliced a huge beet and deep fried them to make beet chips. It was accompanied by a Horseradish Sauce that was to die for!



My Classmate's Dishes:

Straw Potato Leek Cake with Finnan Haddie Cream




Lobster Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment