Today we move from Intensive French to Nouvelle French cuisine. Nouvelle Cuisine is a movement where some guys were upset with the food not being presented at it's best. They were over the processes of covering the food with heavy sauces, huge portions and not the freshest of ingredients. The plating style is very refined. The sauces is always on the bottom and food begins to be elevated on the plate. My dish was Pork Medallions with Cassis. This class was HORRIBLE. The beige pork was to go on top of 2 purees, celeriac and turnip/potato (both white). It also had a chestnut puree...beige again. My frustrations should be clear by now. NO COLOR! The teacher didn't like anything we were putting on the plate. There was no hope for this dish from the beginning. At least she liked the way I cooked the pork. I pretty much wanted the day to end! There is only one more Nouvelle Cuisine class, so hopefully I can end that section on a good note.
Pork Medallions with CassisMy Classmate's Dishes:
Cheese Tartines (I made the tomato flower thingy!)
Scallops with Tangerine and Green Peppercorn Sauce
No comments:
Post a Comment