This day went a million times better than last weeks class. Originally, this was the last class of the whole program so the go all out. There's foie gras, caviar and champagne! We had a quick lecture on caviar followed by a review for our unit exam next week. The recipe I did was Pomegranate-Marinated Leg of Lamb. I love pomegranates and lamb, so I knew I would have fun with this dish. It was a very quick process and again, it wasn't so much about the taste with these dishes in Nouvelle Cuisine, it's about the presentation. I knew I had to pick myself back up from last week and I feel like I really hit it out of the park with this one. I have also found that I am really good at cooking meat. I feel really comfortable and confident doing so. Chef Jan said I got an A++ for the way I cooked the meat. The sauce was made with stock form the lamb bones and a reduction of the pomegranate marinade. It started out very sweet so we really had to cut it by adding quite a lot of heavy cream, but it came out great and everyone loved it!
Pomegranate Leg of Lamb with Spinach and Potato-Vegetable Basket
Foie Gras!!
Caviar and Blinis!!
No comments:
Post a Comment